Compaq Nx5000 Power Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StuartM

Hi,
Oldest story in the book-i spilt coffee on my laptop and now it dont work
If you plug in power the yellow light indicates plugged in but i press power button and nothing - any ideas:confused:

STUART

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, after dumping coffee on it, the only possible fix it to totally disassemble it and wash the boards. How long the coffee has been on the unit will probably determine the odds for success.

StuartM

I got a techguy out and he took the battery out and it worked (it didnt when i tried) the batteery was shorting the power but i the boot screen indicated problems with the hdd any ideas where i can get a Nx 5000 HDD in the UK

Thanks For All Help
Stuart

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online