1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 1200 XL 103

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by katie_didit, Jan 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katie_didit

katie_didit Thread Starter

Hi..can anyone help me sort out why my Display Defaut Monitor on Standard PCI Graphics AD Adapter (VGA) is Stuck on 16-2 colors 640 X 480 Pixels..??

I have tried for almost the whole day searching for an answer and solution to this problem...I have tried almost everything and I cant seem to fix the colors...the Desk top wallpaper is all messed up and distorted..Any help would be most welcome as im at THE END OF MY ROPE...!!!!!!! :(

2. p8jx6

p8jx6

you need to reinstall the Video Card Drivers, because the Standard PCI Graphics adapter is the default tha windows uses, so it doesn't know wht you video card is capable of doing, so it uses the "old only compatible mode"

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The list of Compaq Presario 1200 series notebooks is listed here, but I don't see a XL-103 among the list.

Do you know what brand and model display adapter is in your notebook? You need to download and install the graphic drivers for it, or else it's going to remain stuck in the Windows VGA mode. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/324427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice