1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario 1200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fastvette75, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fastvette75

fastvette75 Thread Starter

I recently bought this machine and at first it worked fine. Last time i used it no probs and even shut it off correctly. The other day I went to turn it on and nothing. The led light that says that it is pluged in is on but now it is not charging the battery. I can get it to come on enough to hear that it is running but it is not booting and the screen remains black. I contacted that previous owner but she said she never had any problems with it. I want to see if it can be fixed, cheeply if possible, befor I do anything else. Thanks for the help.

2. chakorules

chakorules

Sounds like your gonna have to get you hands dirty and take the cover off. Remove the cover and start pulling out parts. ;-)

The best way to troubleshoot a machine is to only boot with the bare requirements.

CPU, RAM, VIDEO CARD...over course power supply...

I'd take out all other parts and PCI card, remove all hard drive cables and floppy cables. Take note which way the RED LINE goes when you put it back together...

If you have MOVED the computer recently, IE transported the computer in the back of your car truck, you might want to try and RESEAT the video card, and RAM. Shipping a computer in the mail and it arriving DOA at the customer more than likely points to a video card that needs to be reseated. Lucky for us, most new motherboard come with AGP slot lock thank goodness...

3. fastvette75

fastvette75 Thread Starter

yea i took it all the way down and everything was plugged in tight. Usualy it does not do anything when i plug it into the wall. if I leave it without the battery for a wile and but it back in the fans come on and the far right led light comes on but nothing beyond that. the on button does not even function. Could the ac jack have come loose and be causing all this trouble? I mean not getting enough power? I am very new to laptops. Thanks for the sudjestions.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice