1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 1250 notebook screen problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rprossman, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rprossman

rprossman Thread Starter

The screen on my Compaq is starting to come thru scrambled. This happens all the time. Tilting the screen back and forth will sometimes correct the problem. However, I can only have it about 80 degrees to the keyboard which makes for a sore neck. Does anyone have any solutions? Thanks, Ray

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Sounds like the flexible connector between the screen and motherboard has given up, probably with use?

It would need disassembly and replacement of the flexible mylar circuit. Could possibly just be a connection issue at one end or the other, which still requires disassembly.

Working on a laptop is akin to microsurgery, it is very easy to do damage if untrained.

3. winbob

winbob

Kiwi,

"replacement of the flexible mylar circuit"

You give the manufacturers too much credit. It's very likely that the connection is a small cable bundle CRAMMED into a very tight passageway.

That's how my old HP was, and why I had do surgery on it :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327911

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice