1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 1685 Display Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by joeherde, Aug 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joeherde

joeherde Thread Starter

Greetings :rolleyes:

I have a Compaq Presario 1685 notebook, and its TFT display has clouded up on me till its all white and nothing is visible on the desktop.

An external monitor works fine on the system (which kinda eliminates the video card) but I beleive something might be up with the screen itself.

The problem occurred previously, and I solved it when I noticed that applying delicate pressur to certain spots behind the screen, cause the display to return as normal..

This doesn't work anymore though.

Another thing is.. when the computer is off for a long time (about a day) it takes longer for the screen to get cloudy white. For example.. the system would boot normally, the red COMPAQ logo would appear, followed by the initialization screens, and the Windows 98 startup screen.. then the desktop would appear.. and a couple minutes after, it would turn white.. boom..

If anyone has any ideas on this.. I"d love to hear 'em... THANX!

2. Max19

Max19 Account Disabled

It sounds like the laptop display is shot. Contact Compaq to see how much it will cost to replace it.

3. Mulderator

Mulderator

Compaq also has a pretty good website.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/51697