1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 233MHz PII BIOS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by atd33, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. atd33

atd33 Thread Starter

Hey guys, I have a Pentium 2 Compaq Presario 233MHz system. I was wondering if ANYONE know's hot to get into this systems BIOS. I have been trying and trying but when I hit F10 at the beginning I just get into the COMPAQ diagnostics and setup, and it says nothing about BIOS. My plans are to overclock it to see how it works, just for hands on experience, if you have any tips on that you could help me out with that also. Thanks for your guys help and I hope someone can help me. email me at [email protected] OR send me an AOL instant message at Daws202 which is my screen name. Thanks people!
    -Adam-

2. Unabomber

Unabomber

Just went threw the same missery
    There is a pass word to the BIOS and you need to take out the motherboard battery to erase it. Leave it out for 5 secs, unplug the computer and turn it on unpluged to drain all the power out of it. then reinstall the battery and reboot.
    You m,ay have to remove some of the perifs CD burner, JS Ect if it dosent work the first time to drain the power out of everything

Yes it sucks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/152933