1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

COMPAQ PRESARIO 3015us(HELP!!!!!!)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sammeer, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sammeer

sammeer Thread Starter

Please i desperately need help, have got compaq presario 3015us(never buy it) P4/512ram/60 gb h.disk etc etc.... the problem started when i woulds scan norton antivirus, the system would juz freeze, tried it a lotta of times but same prob, then i started gettin error msgs sayin ISAAC.DLL error...then RUNTIME.DLL error.. then i wanted to restore it to a previous date, but there the calender would be stuck at oct and i wanted to restore it to september...

then i tried using the compaq recovery disk, the disk after 2 mins of running, would shut down the computer again, same thing happenned 3-4 times and next time gave some error sayin cant access drive H (dont have drive H) and enter but nothing happenned.... then i got my hard disk formatted but now ot shows "NO DISK SPACE" whereas i have 60gb and same problem of shutting down keeps happenning when the disk runs...pls help....

is it a prob with the motherboard or hard disk or juz something else....pls pls help!!!!

2. Devyl

Devyl

hmmm, when you formatted the hard drive, did you FDisk it prior? When I worked for Gateway tech support, we had a little saying, "if nothing else, then FFR"... which meant FDisk, Format, THEN reinstall OS, in that order. Give that a shot with a windows ME bootdisk. You can find the download at bootdisk.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/286401