1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 5304 RAM?????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doomsday123, Jul 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doomsday123

Doomsday123 Thread Starter

What type of my RAM is cheap but works good for my tyoe of computer. I have no idea what to buy. There are different seriall numbers on the RAM. I am preatty sure I need DDR RAM but is that it?? Let me know plz =) Thankies.

2. Doomsday123

Oh and also. With my Compaq Presario 5304 would it be possible to upgrade to a better video card?? Thanks.

3. Rockn

Rockn

4. wedor

wedor

It can use either PC-100 or PC-133 SDRAM, not DDR, maximum size per stick of 128.

5. Doomsday123

EVERYONE KEEPS TELLING ME TO GO FIND THE MANUAL !!! LOL !!! could someone tell me how to find it on compaq.com ? i typed in 5304 manual in the search engine at the top. didnt work. need some help hehe. thanks

6. wedor

wedor

7. wedor

wedor

You are correct though, compaq's site absolutely sucks for ease of finding information.

8. Doomsday123

Hey. I dowloaded the file and it wont open. It opens up word pad and says 100% complete... formatting, and word freezes right there and doesnt respond so i have to ctrl+alt+del it. help plz =P

9. wedor

wedor

10. carltasha

carltasha

11. wedor

wedor

Ummm...I don't see how belarc will help read a pdf??? or am I missing something here?

12. Doomsday123

belarc didnt work =( can anyone else help?

13. wedor

wedor

What do you need help with? I already told you which RAM you need, where to find the parts list from compaq, and where to find the program to read that file, what exactly are you trying to do?

14. Doomsday123

well, i waant to buid a cheap but fast computer that will support everquest very good. and i also need more ram and want to know if i would be able to replace my video card and increase the ram so i could play everquest on my computer.

15. Casey820

Casey820

Okay, Belarc Advisor tells you all sorts of information about the hardware on your comptuer. It has nothing to do with opening PDF files or anything like that.

You need to download Adobe Acrobat reader and install it so you can read the manual for your computer. The manual will tell you what type of memory you need and how much can be installed. It will also tell you what kind of video the computer currently has. If it's onboard, can it be disabled? (Read the manual to find out.) Does your computer have an AGP slot? This type of slot accepts a certain type of video card. If your computer doesn't have one, then you can't install an AGP video card. How many PCI slots does it have? This is another type of slot which can hold a video card. How many do you have available? (Open the computer case to find out.) The manual will have a picture of the motherboard so you know what to look for.

If you want advice on what to do, you need to define "cheap". For some people, $1000 for a computer is cheap. For others, $100 is cheap. Tell us how much you're willing to spend so we can tell you how to get the most for your money.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/85588

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice