1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario 5304

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by john smither, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. john smither

john smither Thread Starter

my mother bought a compaq presario 5304 from a family member.when she got it,there was no system recovery disk for it.there was a disk that was for the 700's series.her computer will not detect the right drive because they used the wrong recovery disk for it.how do we get the computer to recognize and install its original drive.it was 56k.i am pretty much computer illiterate.john

[email protected]

2. Kagami

Kagami

hmm system recovery. I'm not too big on using that. My overall suggestion would be go into dos at the startup and do a simpe C:/ format or is it the other way doh... Anyways at startup of windows press oh F8 I believe for systems with win 98 or higher but if you got win95 its either f5 or f8 or you can make a boot disk and do it that way.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/363134