1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 5340---bypass power on password?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by KristaLyn323, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KristaLyn323

KristaLyn323 Thread Starter

I recently bought a Compaq Presario 5340 and The previous owner failed to mention the fact that there was a power on password. I cannot get ahold of him and i would like to use this computer.

Ive read about resetting the jumpers but i didnt understand what it was saying to me. I know how to access the motherboard, because i read that you need to be able to do that. If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated..

Thank you!
    Kristalyn :)

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Unplug everything from the computer, especially the power cord, then touch the bare metal of the frame before touching any internal components then just carefully remove the small round button battery for 3 -5 minutes, case back on, plug back in and password should be gone. :)

3. KristaLyn323

KristaLyn323 Thread Starter

Ive tried that already :-/ it hasnt worked. im sorry i cant read the private messages. the site wont allow me to. if you can, talk to me on AOL.. my name is kristalyn323

please hurry :(

4. Styxx

Styxx Banned

5. Styxx

Styxx Banned

6. Styxx

Styxx Banned

ok, I finally got you im my AIM buddy list, if you're online with AIM, ask away.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/243566