1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 5900T

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flodis, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flodis

flodis Thread Starter

I have a PIII 733mhz Compaq Presario 5900T that I need some help with.

1st thing is that my harddrive is broken and I am looking into getting a replacement for that, but my question is:

What kind of disks does this computer support?
    I tried a 160gb samsung disk, but it hangs at compaq logo screen so I guess it's too big. (hoping to be able to change this through a bios update later)

2nd part is that when I found a matching disk, how will I restore bios on it? I have no restore cds left...and I suppose this computer stores a part of its bios on a hidden partition like all other compaqs.

The 384mb ram limit is fine with me since I am gonna run Linspire linux on it.

Anyone that can help? I tried Compaq support and got no help whatsoever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/389119