1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario 6010US modem (out of range)

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by lazyishme106, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazyishme106

lazyishme106 Thread Starter

the problem is that i just restored my computer and i am pretty sure i did it all right. after the set up, my computer screen goes black then in the middle, this red bar pops up with these words "out of range" i cant do anything else except restart my computer and go to set up (f10) but i cant understand anything there either. its all so complicated. the screen keeps staying like that whether i restart it or not. does it matter that my monitor is a microtek? help please?

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

That message is from your monitor, saying that the refresh rate that your graphics card is using is out of range and therefore the monitor cannot use it.

Start in Safe Mode. Tap F8 twice a second from boot up until the menu is displayed. Select Safe Mode without networking and let it boot (takes a while)

That gives default settings, you should be able to access Control Panel - Display - Settings - Advanced - Monitor (exact steps will depend on the graphics card used) and reduce the refresh rate to 60 Hz. Then reboot.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Also, make sure that the color palette is set to "16-bit high color" and not "24-bit high color" or "32-bit true color".

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice