1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 7360

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RobynWolf, May 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RobynWolf

RobynWolf Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario, Authentic AMD K-6 3D Processor.
    In order to run DirectX 8.1 for my 5 year old to play his new TONKA games, I need to upgrade the video card. I have looked on the TRIDENT website (with no success) and was wondering if anyone has a newer version than I have. This is what I have:

Trident Blade 3D/MVP4 (63)
    Trident Microsystems
    Chip type: Blade 3D/MVP4
    main driver trid_p3d.drv
    v. 4.12.01.2214
    Mini VDD: trident.vxd
    VDD: *vdd, *vflatd

2. gws226

gws226

Thats a old vid card(and any old processor.) It only have 8mg of mem which probably won't run much. It appears from the trident website the card does not support Directx8.1 (upto directx 6.0) I believe.

Depending on your the model number of the Presario you are probably going to need a new PCI vid or AGP vid card.

Please post your
    machine model number
    OS
    RAM

and check the box on the game you would like your son to play and see what the system requirements are.

3. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

that compaq

4. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

that compaq dont have an agp slot so you need a pci card you might be able to find a nvidia tnt or comparable for around 20-30 dollars and maybs a geforce i wouldnt go any faster in a vid card because you wouldnt be abe to fully use the the preformance of the card with a 500 mhz processor

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    have you tried upgrading the video to the latest one on Compaqs website and then reinstalling directx 8.1? Most times it works, won't be perfect, but....

Are you getting a specific error?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/134484

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice