1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario 7470

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LS, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LS

LS Thread Starter

Hello. A buddy of mine has an old Compaq Presario 7470 that he is putting a new mobo in. Apparently, the old case has color-coded front panel wires. He has separated the wires and now he does not know which ones go where (in terms of going to reset button, power button, Etc). We have looked everywhere on the net for some sort of schematic for the Compaq case to figure out the color-coded wires. However, not even Compaq site has any info. Also, to note, the wires apparently terminate on some sort of small printed board before going to the lights and buttons. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    LS

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

The front panel wireing is one problem with trying to put a non Compaq board in a Compaq case . . the power supply may be another . . a lot of the OEM's use a proprietary Power supply with non standard connectors.

You might be able to Google Compaq Front Panel connectors to see if someone has worked it out ( i know of one guy who did for Dell )

He will almost certainly be better off buying a new case for the new board, and using whatever hardware he can with the new system.

3. jd_957

jd_957 Banned

4. LS

LS Thread Starter

Thank you both for your inputs. I will look into both ideas.

Regards,

LS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/344047