1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario 7588

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by pilot, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilot

pilot Thread Starter

I have a Compaq Presario 7588
    serial number: 8011dcw41090
    With Pentium III 550Mhz processor I hear that I can up grade the processor to 1100 Mhz but I still need some information a bout the processor like the type of socket and the cache memory and if I can just buy a processor and install it normally without contacting Compaq service

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

You'd probably need a Socket 370. I don't think the Tualatin based P3's would work for you. They are the ones with 512k L2 cache. You'd need a regular Coppermine based P3. (256k L2)

3. TOGG

TOGG

pilot,

I don't actually know the answer to your question but, I do know of a utility that may help you. It is called AIDA32 and it is a tool which interrogates your system and produces full details of all the hardware and software installed.

If you chose to download and install it, it should produce full details of your current CPU and motherboard and provide a link to the makers sites so that you can enquire about compatible upgrades.

AIDA32 is free for personal use and is a 1.7MB download. Check out this website and see if you would like to try it. I have had it on my system for some time now and, since it is only a checking tool which does not amend any settings, I think it is fairly risk free although I am not an expert. Look here and see what you think;

http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/109507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice