1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario C300 wireless connected but still no access to internet

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by suad2407, Jun 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suad2407

suad2407 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Compaq Presario C300 notebook. I have excellent strength connection to the wireless connection at home (and if I try to plug in the cable, the wired connection works too). However, when I open a browser (IE and Firefox), it does not connect and comes with the standard error message of "...site could be temporarily busy, ...check your computer's network connection,......if your computer's network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."

I tried reinstalling the network driver, also the firewall settings but no luck. I have no clue how to solve this problem because my other laptop and PC are working perfectly fine and so I feel it is THIS laptop's problem.

Thanks in advance,
    Suad2407

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/837252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice