1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario C500 Xp Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nick27, Mar 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Nick27

Nick27 Thread Starter

Hi guys wonder if any of you can help you with a query I have....

I am helping a friend with a Compaq Presario C500 (C542EA) laptop, essentially it came with Windows Vista and we want to run XP on it.

I am having some serious issues locating XP drivers for

PCI modem
    Audio
    Wireless NIC

Does anyone know what hardware this machine runs for these devices? Having hunted around the internet I am hitting brick walls attempting to find XP drivers for this machine. I am hoping this is not a situation where Vista needs to be reloaded on to the machine in order to get it up and running!

It seems that the HP website does have audio and modem drivers (but not wireless NIC) however when i have run the drivers it states that its not for the hardware installed!

Any help would be appreciated!

Nick

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. Nick27

Nick27 Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply

Yes I have tried these drivers from HP.

I also already tried the Vista drivers to no avail :-(

Yes its a C542EA I double checked the bottom.

I believe this machine came with Vista I am starting to think that almost certainly there are no supported wireless XP drivers for this. The HP site does have audio and modem but as I stated before they dont work which is strange.

Nick

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/911785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice