1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq presario cq57 stuck

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jurnney, Aug 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jurnney

jurnney Thread Starter

Ive got a presario CQ57 laptop with windows 7. When i start it up it goes to a black screen asking to launch startup repair (recommended) or to start windows normally. When i do the repair option it just goes to a blank blue screen that looks like my background screen. It now says its checking for problems and that my computer will automatically fix any problem and its got a training status bar and has been doing this for 4 hours now. It gives me the option to cancel it but im afraid to cancel it because im hoping its fixing my laptop. PLEASE HELP ME!! Ive tried to start it normally and it goes back to this error screen. Ive done the F8 thing at the start and ive tried everything. I really need help! im stuck. I cant do anything...

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    You may want to run a diagnostics test. Maybe the hard drive is defective.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What's the complete model number of that Compaq Presario CQ57 series laptop?

There will be a dash and additional characters after CQ57 which comprises the complete model number.

Example: CQ57-123US

Also advise what the part/product number(P/N) on it is.

-----------------------------------------------------------

If the startup repair process is failing, it's my guess at this point that the Windows 7 operating system is corrupted or damaged.

Do you have any reinstallation discs for that laptop?

-----------------------------------------------------------

4. jurnney

jurnney Thread Starter

Ru the one that deleted reported my other post? if you were to read them closely, i was updating on what i had already done so when i got advice, i wouldnt be something ive already done. sorry if i went about it in the wrong way but im not too familiar with how to post here. also i made the mistake if posting cg57 instead of cq57 and i couldnt edit the topic.

anyways, where do i find the numbers your looking for? and the other guy said for me to run a diagnostics test and it wont let me. iive lost the startup disks.....he mentioned that also. thanks for trying to help

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The complete model number(M/N) and the part/product number(P/N) should be on one or more stickers on the bottom of the laptop or inside its battery compartment.

Getting that laptop properly and correctly identified can make it easier to help you.

----------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1131723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice