1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario CQ61 Black sreen-orange button next to power

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bulldog84, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bulldog84

bulldog84 Thread Starter

Hello,

When I power on my Compaq Presario, the screen remains black, the key next to the power button is orange, the Caps Lock key is blinking and a light blinks above the "home, end, num lock keys", in the upper portion of the keyboard. I have tried taking out the battery, unplugging the power and holding the power button for 60 seconds, before trying it again, and I am not getting anything...HELP!!

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Try re-seating the Ram. If that doesn't help remove the Cmos battery for a few minutes then put it back, it looks like a silver coin and should be visible near the ram.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1127571

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice