1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario CQ61 Power No Post?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zorgan, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

AC Adaptor has been replaced
    DC Jack has been replaced

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCHMUOoC2Ko&feature=youtu.be

Things I have tried.

1. Taking out battery and power lead and holding pwr button for 1min
    2. Reseating ram
    3. Taking CMOS battery out for 10mins
    4. Removing Hard Drive

Any suggestions appreciated before I start to strip this laptop down again......

TIA

Zorg.

2. Megabite

Megabite

AC Adaptor has been replaced is it a generic power supply?

DC Jack has been replaced you mean the jack on the MB and by yourself?

Have you tried an external monitor?

3. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

Yes both have been replaced, the original fault was that the jack itself had broken inside. I have personally replaced the DC Jack.

The Replacement AC Adaptor is 18.5V and 3.5A and yes is not HP Branded one so it is classed I would say as a replacement adaptor not the official HP one.

I will try an external monitor and report back.

*EDIT*

external monitor does not help.

4. Megabite

Megabite

I would re check the MB jack as it looks like the MB is not getting the correct power to post.

It also could be a MB issue.

5. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

6. Megabite

Megabite

Does the heatsink fan spin as it sounds like it starts then has problems...

What happen before you replaced the powersupply and jack and did the same lights appear on the keyboard?

7. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

CPU Fan on most laptops and PCs start at full throttle, then they usually die down, they will rise due to smart fan or the likes, the cpu fan continues as normal throughout the LED flashing.

Before this issue the DC jack pins inside were pretty mangled to be honest, I'm repairing this third party for a guy who does not deal with hardware, I have quite a bit experience with hardware and faults with hardware, this fault in particular is looking like the error code is CPU related, It is very very unlikely a CPU fault in any respect with most PCs and Laptops in my personal experiences, I will however reseat the CPU and see if this makes any difference. CPUs fail very rarely in my past years of experience. this is a strange one as per HP website and service manual the flashes indicate a problem with the CPU.

Any suggestions from members on here for other things to try will be really appreciated, the Laptop belongs to a disabled person who cant get about much and is also deaf so I would really like to get this system up and running again for them.

I want to thank Megabite for your time responding to my issue. thanks man.

8. zorgan

zorgan Thread Starter

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1059906

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice