1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario drivers

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by sivakrishna, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sivakrishna

sivakrishna Thread Starter

hi,

Iam siva.I need all the drivers of compaq presario c770us because some of the drivers are not functioning properly it has become a serious problem for me for many days.I will be vey grateful if you suggest me a positive reply.Thank you.

2. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Here is the support and software site for your Compaq Presario C770US laptop. I highly suggest that you keep this site saved in your browser favorites list so you can refer to it when you need to.

Click the "Software And Driver Downloads" link, then click the link to the Windows version that you're using.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4. sivakrishna

my os is windows xp.
    but there in that website only few drivers are given.

5. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

I believe that is because the notebook shipped with Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1--- did you have it downgraded to XP?

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    if u have xp in it now i saw only one driver for xp listed and its a storage one. to run xp properly u will need at the minumum audio, video, internet and chipset.if your device mgr has yellow question marks u can try hitting the update driver feature and see if it does update them. if not then im afraid u might be out of luck having xp in there.hope this helps u.

7. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
    From what I can determine, that laptop has

Intel 965 express chipset family graphics

Conexant high definition audio

ALPS touchpad pointing device

Realtek RTL8139/810x family fast ethernet NIC

Atheros or Intel PRO or Broadcom wireless

Since that laptop came with Vista and you downgraded to XP, you're going to have to do some hunting on-line to find XP drivers for its devices. Hopefully, you can find all the ones that you need.

If you can't find the drivers and get that laptop working properly, you may have to bite the bullet and go back to Vista.

-----------------------------------------------------------

8. sivakrishna

I will be very grateful i you send me the link for the above said drivers.Thank you.

9. flavallee

First Name:
    Frank
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887697

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice