1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario EZ2207

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lunar13, Feb 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lunar13

lunar13 Thread Starter

i want to upgrade my computer so it can run windows xp and i'm not talking about minimum stuff i want to try and get da best out of windows xp, so wut should i upgrade?

2. Sponsor

3. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Your RAM should be 128 Mb or higher (512 Mb is optimum); I wouldn't upgrade anything else unless you've tried and like WinXP for several weeks to a month first. The CPU neds to be a Pentium 1 300 Mhz or faster.

The reason is that many software and pieces of hardware you now happily use may not run, even with driver upgades for certain hardware.

So try it before you up upgrade Any!

4. RandyG

RandyG

XP is a resource hog, but it utilises all the Ram you can put into it, so I agree with Styxx's recommendation, but I would suggest minimum 256 MB.

I was taking a look at the standard specs of the EZ2200 (which I assume you mean rather than 2207, can't find any info on that one) and it should handle XP with no problems, other than the Ram.

5. lunar13

lunar13 Thread Starter

can anyone go to this site and tell me wut to buy
    www.anitec.ca jus click on products

6. lunar13

lunar13 Thread Starter

please cause i cant get another computer for another year and i cant wait that long

7. Styxx

Styxx Banned

8. TechChick

TechChick

Sorry, but you can't get the best performance by spending the least amount of money. That's everyone's dream, but it's not a reality. :)

According to Compaq's Canadian web site, your computer uses a Celeron processor. I doubt it possible to upgrade that to a Penitum III. Even if you could, it's not the best performance.

Is money an issue? I'm guessing so since you state that you can't get a computer for a year. If you want Windows XP Home edition, you'll also need to pay about $99 just for the operating system upgrade.

I'm not sure what kind of advice you're looking for. Maybe if you posted the specs of your computer we could help you better.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/68107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice