1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario restore problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by TonyinOz, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TonyinOz

TonyinOz Thread Starter

Hi All

I own a Compaq Presario F551AU laptop. It has been playing up so I used the HP system restore feature to restore it to factory settings. This meant that all data would be destroyed as the disk would be formatted as part of the process. Part of the process was to back up all other data which I did to a USB disk and it worked perfectly. The computer was then formatted and restored to factory and all works fine.

Now comes the problem.

When I use this to restore the back from the HP resotre utility is does not find the disk drive with the back up on it. Yet I can access the drive and find the back up files manually. Part of the back up file is an application which also sets the process as well. This also does not find the necessary files.HP say sorry no idea and of course windows back up does not recognise it.

Lots of important data on this. If anyone can help I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks

TonyinOz

2. karbo

karbo Banned

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!