1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario Restore?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xeng001, Aug 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Xeng001

Xeng001 Thread Starter

My Father in Law has a Compaq Presario 5900T. His Hard drive crashed and I put a new 160G drive in it. When I try to restore the computer with the original Compaq restoration CD's it keeps rebooting without ever formatting, partitioning or anything else.

Can someone help? My FIL is bound and determined to continue using this machine. I believe he is afraid of change.

2. inuyasha320

inuyasha320

you need the old hard drive

the quick restore disks that come with compaq computers only work with certainpartition and hard drive sizes

to get the 160 gb hard drive to work, you will have to reformat the old hard drive and install everything on it

then copy the drive c partition over to the 160gb hard drive then use a partition program to increase the drive c to 160 gb

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/395072