1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario SR2050NX won't boot up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ndlancer95, Jul 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ndlancer95

Ndlancer95 Thread Starter

As soon as I start up the computer, the bios page appears with the options (Settings) (Boot Menu) and Recovery. I have tried entering all 3 of these operations and there is no response. The computer will just sit at te bios page for hours if left untouched. This is a 2005 computer. Did it just die or is there another cause to this problem?

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

To pinpoint the problem you need to do some troubleshooting procedures.

Go here;

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/580000-troubleshooting-guide-problem-builds.html

and follow the instructions under the section "You assembled the system, and it will not post"

Whether the machine is old or new the troubleshooting is the same. On an older machine the problem is likely the motherboard, however you need to prove the board defective before you replace it.

3. Ndlancer95

Ndlancer95 Thread Starter

Thanks, the board is defective. It would coast more to replace
    It then to get the motherboard. I am just going to buy a laptop

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006798