1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario SR5233WM audio drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by visions, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. visions

visions Thread Starter

I just downgraded my Desktop compaq presario SR5233WM to Windows XP but I can't find any drivers for Audio, and network, can someone direct me to the right drivers please and where i can find them... i've searched hp.com but i didn't find any drivers for this computer.

Thanks for your kind help!

2. arknorth

arknorth

3. Dan Penny

Dan Penny

No. Drivers are O/S specific. Vista drivers will not work with XP, and XP drivers will not work with Vista. (There were/are a few exceptions regarding Win2000 & XP, as Win2000 was the "embryo" for XP.)

Besides this, the above link is for Vista on a Presario SR5240KL.

HP/Compaq does have info on your dilema; http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...tem=pv-58376-1&os=228&product=3577865&lang=en

The Help Forums I contribute to have many posts similar to this one. People "downgrade" from Vista, only to find that XP drivers either don't exist, or are extremely hard to find. Many manufacturers are designing/selling their machines with hardware designed for Vista only.

If you can't obtain XP drivers for the hardware, and you can't add XP compliant hardware to replace the Vista hardware (ie; in the case of many laptops etc) You will have to reinstall Vista if you want a working machine as opposed to a doorstop.

If your machine had a hidden partition with the Vista Recovery on it, and you "wiped" the hard disk and removed that partition, you will have to pay for Vista media from the manufacturer because warranties do not cover "killing the O/S".

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/721977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice