Compaq Presario V2000 Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jhongerkong

I just got a used Compaq Presario V2000 laptop. It was working fine but it was running slow and there were some other problems so I formatted the drive and installed windows xp. Now, all of the hardware is unrecognized. The speakers arent found, the video card isnt found, the monitor, wifi internet, etc. Everything either isnt found or its generic so under monitor it just says "Video Monitor". Can anyone help me with this? I got it used so I dont have a recovery disk or anything. Here are the specs:

1.7 or so Ghz Amd Sempron 3100+
around 896mb of ram
128mb ATI RADEON video card (forget which one)
Altec Lansing speakers

Thats all I know from the top of my head. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me.

Jhongerkong

Thanks for the help. I tried the HP site and none of those drivers worked for me. Also, I forget what sound card I had.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts