1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario V2000 Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jhongerkong, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jhongerkong

Jhongerkong Thread Starter

I just got a used Compaq Presario V2000 laptop. It was working fine but it was running slow and there were some other problems so I formatted the drive and installed windows xp. Now, all of the hardware is unrecognized. The speakers arent found, the video card isnt found, the monitor, wifi internet, etc. Everything either isnt found or its generic so under monitor it just says "Video Monitor". Can anyone help me with this? I got it used so I dont have a recovery disk or anything. Here are the specs:

1.7 or so Ghz Amd Sempron 3100+
    around 896mb of ram
    128mb ATI RADEON video card (forget which one)
    Altec Lansing speakers

Thats all I know from the top of my head. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

3. kimsland

kimsland

First thing is SP2 installed ? Most drivers come with it

2nd go to http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html and download your video drivers

Install your video drivers !

Find out what Sound card you have (not speakers)

4. Jhongerkong

Jhongerkong Thread Starter

Thanks for the help. I tried the HP site and none of those drivers worked for me. Also, I forget what sound card I had.

5. kimsland

kimsland

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/646202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice