1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario V2000 Won't Power up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by JettaJoe, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JettaJoe

JettaJoe Thread Starter

I have a compaq v2000 wont power up.. I seen the other thread on this subject and check and removed the compasators to check them... Unit will not power up.. I follow the 18V supply off the MB power connector to a 8 pin chip right after PR63 labeled PQ24 .. If Check from Ground to one side of the chip it gets 18V from power. and other side is look like strait through like a power switch (FET)... I tried to find the data sheet and nothing availible. Also showing on the compasitors from the forum
    Compaq Presario M2000 Won't Power up

I seem to show a .09 ohm on the positive side of the contact to the other on where one of the caps would sit...

also showing .09 ohms from ground to the positive side of the cap contact on the board with the cap removed.

.09 is close to a short of some sort correct?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!