1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario Will not turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xScooterx, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xScooterx

xScooterx Thread Starter

hi,
    I have a compaq Persario M2000. The other day, I was using the touch pad to move and it just shut off. I tried to turn it back on and nothing happens. When I look at the AC adaprter led it is not turned on and it is plugged in. I removed the battery and tried the same with no luck. the ac adapter led is still not light up. The battery is fully charged, and when i try just that nothing happens. I opened it up and removed the bios battery and checked the chips and circuits. nothing seems out of place ot burnt. I used a multi meter to check the power button and it is getting power, as well as the curcuits in the ac adapter
    can someone help me or give me some ideas what my nxt step is?
    thanks

2. alexenjen

alexenjen

I had similar problems with compaq laptops - it's the power supply in your laptop - the repair for that is about $300+

check your warranty before doing anything else...

3. xScooterx

xScooterx Thread Starter

yea,i determined that. Well t least i got spare parts now....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/561671

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice