1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario won't boot!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by EBSchrader, Apr 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EBSchrader

EBSchrader Thread Starter

I just bought and set up a new computer system, and am now trying to get my old one to boot, so that I can migrate the files needed for the new system. The monitor doesn't come on, and all I'm getting is a fast blinking green light on the tower. I've un/replugged all cables and power cords, and I know the monitor is OK because it belongs to my husband's matching computer, but my old one won't boot.

Help!!!:eek:

2. EBSchrader

I'm desperate, guys! Is there any other information I can give you to help resolve my problem? I have the Easy Transfer Cable for Vista all ready to go (and the software loaded in the old computer before I disconnected it and moved it to the card table), but I can't get my Compaq to boot.

If you can't help me, I guess I'll take it to Best Buy tomorrow and let the Geek Squad have at it...:(

3. cracker224

cracker224

Maybe take out the HDD from the old system and make it a slave drive in new comp. transfer at will

4. EBSchrader

I promised my old system to a friend for her daughter. I guess I'd better haul it to the Geek Squad tomorrow, rather than cannibalize it. Thanks anyway, Cracker.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice