1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario X1300

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raydude, Jan 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raydude

Raydude Thread Starter

A friend has a Presario X1300. It has a small problem. The power button only works once in a while (perhaps 1 in 20 presses). I thought perhaps it was a cold solder joint but even after touching up the button's pads its still has the problem.

It could be a bad switch, it looked like the switch had previously been replaced (although he hasn't had it serviced except to put in a new hard drive about a month before the switch went bad).

I found a post that indicated that someone found schematics for the motherboard and I was hoping that someone here would be able to point me in the right direction. I didn't find them on google. I'm going to replace the switch first, but if that doesn't work I have to assume there's some other problem that will need debugged.

I hate to see such a nice laptop go to waste because of a stupid power on problem.

I have found the service manual online. Its great, but has no schematics.

Thanks for any ideas you can offer.

Raydude

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/794850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice