1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaq presario

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mississippi_mom, Mar 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mississippi_mom

mississippi_mom Thread Starter

ok I hace a compaq that is all messed up. lets see one day the monitor would not work after a storm. Bought another, For a while the screen would be blue but change back to normal. The pc also would have a hard time starting up after it was in idle. We would do a hard start and for a while that worked. Now when I try to start it it turns on but the monitor says no vga/dvi input. There is also none of the preverable beeps that are supposed to be there so in short (well long)the motherboard is fried? So do I use it as a planter in the yard or is there a way to get it up and running. It runs on XP media center it has a micro ATX form factor motherboard it is also an AMD 64 Anthlon. ram is 256 mb 1Rx16 pc 4200 ddr2 533 mhz. With all that said can I just replace the motherboard and reinstall the reinstallation disks and be up and running? ( if it could only be so easy) What about the cpu. i know many questions here thanks for patients. Please help me. Tina:(

2. Mazley

Mazley

does your system have agp or pciex (or even pci) slot free? Is the graphics on board? It sounds like a graphics card problem, even if it is onboard. I'd try a replacement card (even if it's just a pci card) and see what happens...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/807676