1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Presario

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by theporg, Sep 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. theporg

theporg Thread Starter

How do you access the Bios on a Compac Presario 4110. I keep getting the message 162 Sytems Options not set. 163 Time and Date not set. Having visited Compac they were not a lot of help. Downloading the software recommeded by them was a waste of time, still got the above message. Tried all the usual keystrokes etc no good. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. Sponsor

3. pvc9

pvc9

Not sure but I guess you need to hit the F2 key as the system starts to enter the BIOS in the Compaq systems.(If F2 doesnt work check with F10)

Hope this helps...:)

4. mad-martin

mad-martin

Reboot your system and when the red Compaq logo shows up start pressing your F8 key repeatedly. That should bring you into the bios

5. mtbird

mtbird

6. ilusha2

ilusha2 Guest

Like pvc9 said, try f10. I have a COMPAQ PRESARIO 7594, and f10 works for me.

7. buckaroo

buckaroo

It's either F8 or F10, just keep hiting the key repeatedly when the red Compaq logo appears.

8. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

F 8 will get you the menu for safe mode, command prompt, etc. F 10 will get you into the Compaq bios setup.

9. buckaroo

buckaroo

I have a Compaq and I can never keep them straight!!!! LOL!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/94683