Compaq psu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

FiT

I am trying to source a Compaq 220W power supply for a Compaq 62480EA.

The part no. is 277979-001

I am not having much luck in the UK any ideas?

dustyjay

Jay
I would contact Compaq themselves for this. Compaq PSU's are propriatary. They do not use standard ATX power connectors. Unless you can maybe find someone with a used computer the same as yours for cheap.

FiT

Only quote I could get was this:

277979-001 Compaq 220W Power Supply Evo D310 D510 D315 Business PC qty: 1, Condition: REFURBISHED
$145.00

Guess I`ll be buying a new case then, Compaq sure seem to know how to screw their customers.

Thx for the replies :)

dustyjay

Jay
New case is not your problem. Even with the new case the power supply is Propriatary. meaning that the connector(s) for power to the mobo are not standard ATX. Now Compaq realy screws its customers!!!

FiT

Does that mean everything on the mobo cant be swapped over to a new one?

Triple6

Rob
You would need a new mobo, everything else would work. If the motherboard has onboard video then you would need to get one with onboard video or buy a seperate video card(recommended).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online