compaq quickrestore disc help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roberz

hi everyone, i have some doubts concerning compaq's quickrestore disc.
i've used this disc several times (hoping it doesn't damage mi computer at all)
mi questions are:
1) does it harm my pc?
2) can i modify the D: partition? (example: pasting personal files)

if the second question is "yes", then....
do these files remain in my system after the quickrestore process?

i look forward to any answers

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi and welcome. Use the restore cd as many times as you want to start over.

Do NOT put anything else on that D partition. Leave it alone.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You are aware that using the restore CD will revert your computer back to day #1 when you first brought it home and set it up?

Why have you used it so many times?

How old is your computer?

roberz

yeah, don't worry. i'm totally aware. the thing is that mi PC has a tendency to be packed with junk files which I download stupidly. so I use this CD....

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Downloading and loading your computer with junk is no reason to keep using the restore/recovery CD. You can't keep Windows and the other programs up-to-date that way.

Create a folder right on your desktop and name it MY DOWNLOADS. Whenever you download something, direct it to be downloaded into that folder. Once you install whatever you downloaded, you can then delete the downloaded file.

Click Start - Find - Files And Folders, select the hard drive to look in, then type in and delete everything that appears under:

*.TMP

C:\TEMP\*.*

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\*.*

Doing this will get rid of the buildup of temp files and other junk files.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online