1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq Slimline CD-ROM

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rorius, Sep 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rorius

Rorius Thread Starter

I got a CD-rom that I wanted to use in a compaq I picked up and only slim-line works, but since I ordered from someone else I Assumed (bad Idea) when they said IDE they were talking about a standard IDE hook up, but I got What i think is a laptop one. but looking at what the interface looks like and the adapters I could get I'm not entirely sure. Here is the best info I've found on the drive.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/netcomdirect/co2224xidnoc.html

can anyone tell what kind of IDE interface that is and if I can get an adapter to a 40 Pin Male with power for my PC?

this is what I've found but I'm not sure it will work.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cablesonline/44pinto40pin.html

Let me know if I'm on the right track eh. Thanks for your time

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Yeah, that should work.

Now, if your computer needs one of these slim-line drives then the old drive should have also had the adaptor attached to it.

3. Rorius

Rorius Thread Starter

I bought the computer and driver seperately. I got the computer and it didn't come with a drive. the reason I got that drive was because the computer is a Compaq SFF model and it had a very small opening at the front. my mistake was not checking the drive specs before I got it. Luckly I only paid 10 bucks for the drive so no biggy that it's giving me some trouble, if I went out and spent like 50 bucks on it then I'd be a little more paniced.

Thanks for your help I'll give that adapter a Shot.

Rorius

4. Rockn

Rockn

Open the case...the adapter is already in there to connect the CD-ROM. Unfortunately it looks like you bought a laptop CD-ROM instead of one for an SSF Compaq. The adapter you are looking at is for connecting a notebook hard drive to your PC's IDE 40 pin ribbon cable.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166371

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice