1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compaq's Microphone no longer working

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by betatronic, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. betatronic

betatronic Thread Starter

Okay. To start...I'm 17 and computers seem to hate me. I don't know very much about them, short of the imaging programs I use.

Now recently, my microphone stopped working.
    The compaq has a Microphone built into the Monitor, and it worked perfectly until I noticed one day the sound wasn't working. I find that the cord to the speaker and the cord to the Mircophone had been plugged into the wrong jacks. The Mircophone got put in "Line out" and the speakers were in "Line in"...I think that's it.

Anyhow, I switched them,a nd the speakers worked again, but the Microphone doesn't seem to pick up anything anymore!!!

Is it a short (I'm hoping not) or something I can fix, like a driver error?

I really need help to get this working again.

2. betatronic

betatronic Thread Starter

;_;
    anyone?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/315047

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice