1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compare Excel worksheets 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ttooley, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ttooley

ttooley Thread Starter

OK. I know this may have been covered in another post but here is what I've got. I generated two reports from my system that have results for year 2010 and YTD 2011. The columns are all the same. I want to combine the two worksheets to show comparison between the two years. The two criteria to break down the results are Name and Product. There will be many of these that are common between the two worksheets so I just want to combine those and show the 2010 to 2011 comparison. And I want any unique Name/Products listed also where there might only be that Name/Product in either only 2010 or 2011. I have attached a sample. Thanks in advance for any help!

Attached Files:

2. scotty718

scotty718

This is pretty easy. All you need to do is copy the data from 1 sheet to another and make a pivot table on the data. You can probably use the wizard to figure out how to set up the table up to display what you are after... but if you need help, do a simple google search to understand pivot tables better.... If you are still stuck, please reach out to me :)

3. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

This could be an application where to use PowerPivot - a free 2010 download.

HTH

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice