1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved comparing sound cards and speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nooyawkah, Jan 9, 2003.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nooyawkah

nooyawkah Guest Thread Starter

I'm NOT a gamer. If I upgraded for Soundblaster Live 5.1 and Logitech Z 340s to Voyetra Turtle Beach Santa Cruz and Logitech Z 540s would I hear a noticable difference?

2. flyeater

flyeater

The SoundBlaster is better than the Turtle Beach IMHO. The Z40s are certainly better & not a bad deal for $80. If you can scrap together another fifty go for the Z560s. Much better speakers for $130.
    Other than that it all depends on what you use your PC for. The 560s will make it sound like a theater if you watch DVDs on your PC. You'll like either upgrade for CD music. If CD music or MP3s are your passion you may be able to jack your sound card into your home stereo. I can't remember what jacks the SB Live has so I'd have to check otherwise it's just like adding any other auxilry item to your stereo reciever.
    Nothun beats hearing old bucket hand drop the beat on some good speakers or headset.
    [​IMG]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice