1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compatability

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrew103, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew103

andrew103 Thread Starter

I'm asking if someone could tell me a good,not too expensive(<200$) videocard that is compatable for my laptop,because mine isn't really that great for modern gaming.
    AsusPRO72Q
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T3200 @ 2.00GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3037 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 47998 MB, Free - 7740 MB; D: Total - 190465 MB, Free - 11348 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. , X71Q , 1.0 , BSN12345678901234567
    Antivirus: None (???,i have AVG and it's working perfectly):)

My laptop has an ExpressCard slot.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, this is a laptop. Unless the laptop has a dedicated pci-e slot like some alienware, you are out of luck. The video is onboard on your system ie you are stuck with what you have.

FWIW laptops are not really for gaming unless they are specifically built as such with better cooling, etc.

3. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

ExpressCard will not do for gaming, and that laptop appears to be a fine office machine, but certainly not meant for much gaming.

As drjdriver said, laptops generally not are not built for gaming, or expandability unless you buy a boutique seller who specifically builds for this purpose, and charges a premium for it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!