Compatibility: HP Pavilion power cords

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

1_mn_circles

Hello! Thanks for reading. I'd like advice on buying a few new adapters / power cords for my HP Pavilion laptop (15-ab065us).

The HP site recommends parts #741727-001 (adapter, cord to computer) and #755530-001 (cord to outlet); great, but to buy them on the HP site would cost 4x what it would elsewhere. I've found likely cords online, but often sold together with part numbers that don't quite match—even though by specs they seem OK—and I don't want to risk damaging my laptop. How can I know by the specs (or by the part numbers) which would safely work together?

[EDIT: I managed to read the micromouse type on the adapter. It says it's part 740015-001 but to replace with HP Spare 741127-001. Why the difference?]

Thanks again!
Patrick

Last edited:

dustyjay

Jay
do you have a link to the cord you are thinking of buying? Remember it is best to replace with the OEM Part rather than use a third party adapter that may not work properly.

1_mn_circles

do you have a link to the cord you are thinking of buying? Remember it is best to replace with the OEM Part rather than use a third party adapter that may not work properly.
Hi! Thanks for responding. There are quite a few available online; some seem to come bundled as both adapter and outlet cord (of which mine is Linetek E70782). An example is this, which says it requires a second cord (which fits the specs of the cord I seem to need) but also shows that second cord attached to the 741727 adapter. This one seems to sell both together but gives four model numbers. I feel like I'd be OK with anything that either comes from HP or matches the part numbers, even if bought separately; I just want to be (a lot) surer than I am.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online