1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compatibility issue???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jrifle, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jrifle

Jrifle Thread Starter

Thanks in advance for taking the time to look into this. Is ATI Radeon HD 5850 compatible with my current PC and do I have the space to add it? Acer Aspire AX3910-U2032 is the current PC I am using. I know this is a fairly simple or stupid question but I just wanted to be sure before I buy it. Thank you again for your time.

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Hi and welcome to TSG.

Assuming this is your PC: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883103269

Things you need to look at:

1) Those specs look like a small form factor case, probably worth looking up the exact measurements of the card you are looking at and measuring it.

2) It only has a 220w PSU, that will definately need to be upgraded also.

3. Jrifle

Jrifle Thread Starter

Yes, that is the correct PC. Would I have the space then to upgrade the power supply and the graphics card mentioned in the above post?

4. Jrifle

Jrifle Thread Starter

Also what size power supply would I need to upgrade to in order to make the upgrades providing they do fit?

5. gberger

gberger

There is a very limited number of graphics cards that will fit into a slimline case. Your best bet for both these questions is to call Newegg and speak to a tech support person.

6. gberger

gberger

You can search for 'low profile' graphics cards - I believe these will fit but check anyway.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice