Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

compatibility issues I think?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Cookiegal 
#1 ·
:mad: I've spent two days now working to get my PC up to speed so to speak. I use Windows XP, IE 7, Roboform and just started using PC Tools Internet Security with Browser Defender. OK here's the problem......Roboform offers to autofill forms but when I select that option, I get the same message repeatedly and here's how that goes:

IE has encountered an issue and has to close
then upon investigating>>>>>

Application error Faulting application iexplore.exe Faulting module pctbdcore.dll version

To further complicate matters, I contacted Roboform about it and they replied with the following message:

Please uninstall pctbdcore.dll:2.0.5.98 pctbrowserdefender.dll:2.0.5.98
and other malware you have in your browser.

Well swell I think. Like I know how to get in that blasted registry and delete stuff...........yeah right! So I used Malwarebites Anti Malware and it located those same two dll files and it found them to be rogue installers and quarantined them. I think to myself, WOW you go girl. You got it fixed. NO!!!! no such luck. The same issue recurs each time using Roboform and the only way I've been able to use Roboform is to uninstall Browser Defender.

Have any of you encountered this issue? If so, please help me out here and keep in mind I am not too technically inclined................I can walk and chew gum but my basic thinking is KISS..................keep it simple stupid (meaning me being the stupid one)

I am about to pull my hair out and use Roboform to keep about 400 identities and passwords straight.

Is this Browser Defender really necessary? I want to just uninstall it and go back to being a normal crazed person.

HELP!!!!!!!!!:confused:

See less See more
#2 ·
Personaly I think you will be just fine without the Browser Defender. Just as long as your carefull about what you click on, download and not open e-mail attachments you don't really need antivirus at all. I've never ran AV and never had a virus, my wife (a totaly computer noob) even uses the computer safetly with no AV. I'd guess with 400 identities in Roboform you know your way around the internet and what not to click on.

#3 ·
Personaly I think you will be just fine without the Browser Defender. Just as long as your carefull about what you click on, download and not open e-mail attachments you don't really need antivirus at all. I've never ran AV and never had a virus, my wife (a totaly computer noob) even uses the computer safetly with no AV. I'd guess with 400 identities in Roboform you know your way around the internet and what not to click on.
Please do not recommend to users that they don't run an anti-virus program. In this day and age, with malware being ever more sophisticated and clever, infections are rampant even among "careful" users who fall into well laid-out traps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.