1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compatibility Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by stebro50, Mar 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stebro50

stebro50 Thread Starter

Hello,

I recently signed up for hosting with "HostPapa". When trying to install a "web disk shortcut for my desktop", it refuses to open. Their support told me they have had issues with "Windows Vista". When I downloaded to my wife's PC with XP everything was fine. So, support told me to use "FileZilla" and download from there. I couldn't get that to work either. Sense my job was eliminated, it's very important that I get this website built. Please give me some help in this matter. I would be greatfull.

The file produced was: webdiskvbs.vbs (4.47 KB)

Thank you, :confused:

2. pjhutch

pjhutch

Open a command prompt, but select <b>Run as administrator</b> first. Then CD to where the file is stored and run CScript webdiskvbs.vbs to run the program, this will give enough permissions to run the program and access your system.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811038