Compatible motherboard for the gear I have already purchased

Noodles9

I recently bought an Asus Prime X-370-pro motherboard off facebook. I normally dont buy anything without being able to test it out. But there is no real way to test a motherboard without building a computer. So I rolled the dice & got the motherboard. I have alot of free time right now so I started building a computer with the Asus motherboard. I bought a
NZXT H510 mid tower atx case, AMD Ryzen 3 3200G with Radeon Vega 8 graphics 4 core 4 thread processor, Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x4GB) DDR4 memory kit. I believe everything is hooked up correctly but when I turn the computer on the lights on the motherboard light up all of the fans are running but no signal going to the monitor. I have tried different cables, monitors, triple checked connections. I even pulled an old Geforce 210 card & tried to see if the onboard card was messed up. I am starting to think that I got sold a bad motherboard. So I am trying to find a suitable motherboard that all of the stuff I have just bought will work with. I have looked at most of the day at boards & I have no idea what to get. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I also don't have a lot to spend on a mother board, Im trying to stay under $200 for a new board.

crjdriver

Not going to work until the bios is updated. You need bios 4801 or later to run your cpu.
Being this is a used motherboard, you would have to contact the seller to determine IF the board was ever updated.
If you want a board with native support for the 3xxx processors, you would have to go with a X570 board however those are pretty expensive and lately in short supply.

AMD did have a loaner program where they would ship you a processor so you could flash your bios. You can see if this is still in effect.

Also....take out your GPU and just the onboard Vega GPU off the CPU. Plug in your monitor to a mobo port on the I/O area.

Noodles9

Not going to work until the bios is updated. You need bios 4801 or later to run your cpu.
Being this is a used motherboard, you would have to contact the seller to determine IF the board was ever updated.
If you want a board with native support for the 3xxx processors, you would have to go with a X570 board however those are pretty expensive and lately in short supply.

AMD did have a loaner program where they would ship you a processor so you could flash your bios. You can see if this is still in effect.
thank you I will contact them & see if that is still in effect. I was wondering how I was going to update the bios when i have no display..

crjdriver

Once you install an old processor, you will have a display [provided that you installed the board correctly AND that the board in fact works]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online