1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compatible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Donz3153, Mar 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Donz3153

Donz3153 Thread Starter

I am computer illiterate, can run & use general programs but dont understand the technical jargon and have the following system (Belarc Advisor Info):- Intel Celeron 667MHz, 20Gb HDD, 256MB pc133 SDRAM, FDD, 52x32x52 CDRW, Windows 98SE, Broadband ADSL. My question today is: Can I upgrade to Windows XP Home Edn? Can I put in a DVD Burner? Can I put in an AV Capture Card? I would like to transfer Analog Video Camera Tapes to DVD including editing etc. Could someone please advise what extra memory, hard drive space, processor speed i would need? Thanks.

2. Swiper

Swiper

Can you upgrade to XP Home?
    yes, it will most likely run but will seem pretty slow considering the cpu / amount of ram you have.

Can you install a DVD burner ?
    Absolutely, should run just fine with what you have.

Can I put in an AV Capture Card?
    Most likely yes, but considering the amount of cpu speed/ram you have, I don't think it will function very well. ( I am not up on video capturing etc..)
    any converting of video to DVD require lots of cpu / memory ( the more, the merrier)

I can offer many suggestions of what you should get, but I have no idea what budget you're on.

2.5 Ghz or faster
    1 gig memory
    80 gig + ( the bigger the better )

good luck
    Swiper

3. Donz3153

Donz3153 Thread Starter

Thanks Swiper for your feedback, i am from melbourne, australia, any suggestions on good computer outlets?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/449935