1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

compaw presario monitor problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by silverqq, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverqq

silverqq Thread Starter

I have a compaq presario 900us
    about a year ago, the monitor stopped working. You can see a slight output when you turn on the monitor, but that is all.
    I started hooking it up to a desktop monitor, and that worked fine for a while, but that too has stopped. If i run it in safe mode, however, the external monitor works, but the laptop monitor itself does not. What type of problem does this sound like, and what steps can i take to fix it?
    Thanks in advance for any help

2. rmay635703

rmay635703

Depends on what Slight output from the monitor means,
    If it means the screen is dark but you can see writing and such on it but very very dim it means the backlight is shot and can be repaired.

If slight means nothing is on the screen save a little light overcast, the lcd is shot and is also replaceable but again not really worth it to fix.

As toward your desktop dilema, go into safe mode
    then go
    settings ->control panel ->display ->settings
    and hit apply and OK, reboot, if something shows up on the monitor after the reboot it means you had the resolution/refresh rate set beyond what the screen is capable.

Good Luck

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!