1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Compicated Cursor Sensitivity Issue

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by darkdevil889, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkdevil889

darkdevil889 Thread Starter

Hi everyone. I'll make this short and to the point.

I'm having issues with my cursor. I usually keep it at a higher sensitivity level for gaming. I had not been using my desktop until recently getting internet at my new home. Anyway, the problem is when moving the mouse, the cursor will go toward the top left or bottom right corners fine but when i move toward the down left angle its as if i'm fighting some invisible force. The sensitivity is also bad going up and to the right but not as bad when moving down and to the left. The mouse itself is not the issue as I've tried using it on my laptop and it works fine there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling my mouse drivers on my desktop but to no avail.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2. darkdevil889

darkdevil889 Thread Starter

Reformatting computer did nothing. Still helpless =(

3. raybro

raybro

Notwithstanding the mouse works OK with another computer, I'd be sorely tempted to try another mouse on the desktop.

If the mouse is USB connected, that may be a factor. I once had erratic movement with a wireless USB mouse until I moved the USB connection from a USB hub to a USB port on the computer.

Raybro

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913809

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice