compile error in hidden module:SinkDocID

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lielamfuller

Hi There -

I work for a law firm and we are having an issue that does not seem to have a resolution. I am hoping that someone has seen this issue before. We have Office 2003, Windows XP and iManage Worksite 8.5 for our environment and we also use Esquire Innovations iCreate to create templated documents. Recently we have come acrossed an issue where when users open Word they are immediately receiving the error message "compile error in hidden module: SinkDocID". There are able to click ok to get past it but obviously they are not happy with that and neither am I. I have tried repairs on Office and iCreate. I have also reinstalled Office and I have recreated their profiles - all of this without success. We have contacted the vendor and unfortunately it appears that they are on vacation this week but this is a pressing issue so any assistance anyone could offer would be helpful.

Thank you,
Liela

Welcome to TSG!

I susupect your vendor has an add on or something messing with word. Run winword.exe from cmd/run and see if it does same thing.
Maybe...Find a foldder like this one %userprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup and move anything in there out (desktop would be ok).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts