1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Complete Hangup Unable to start in Safe mode

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by sjdomin, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjdomin

sjdomin Thread Starter

I am running Windows XP on a Compaq Presario.
    The computer was on overnight but not online.
    Suddenly, the following message appeared on a black screen:
    "remove disk or other media. Press any key to restart"
    No disks are running. Pressing Ctl/Alt/Del gives just briefly the red Compaq screen followed immediately by a black screen and the above message.
    Turning off the power and restarting gives the same result but presing F8 repeatedly does not give the Safe Mode menu but the same message over and over.
    Thus I am unable to run anything-not AVg, Hijack This, Spybot.
    At a complete loss-please hlp

2. djmuirhead

djmuirhead

Hey there

I have the same problem as the guy above. I went to download a music file and now I have a flashing icon in my toolbar. It flashes between an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle and a sort of metal ball with spikes in it

Can you help please?

Damian

3. sjdomin

sjdomin Thread Starter

It turns out my problem was jsut stupidity-there was a disk stuck in the A drive. Unfortunately, I didn't discover that until I had done a Complete Restore and lost a buch of data.
    I don't have any ideas about your problem

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/519575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice